Collecting Registrations Using Third-Party Tools (Recommended)
Nowadays people in general are not willing to waste much time to join a meeting or webinar. Collecting leads is always important, but we usually don't recommend using GoBrunch for this end.
Based on our experience observing hundreds of webinars, here's the best recommendation that we have if you're looking to collect more data from your attendees.
- In GoBrunch, create a Meeting, Webinar, Classroom or Event and click on No once you're asked if you want to collect registrations. You can see the difference between them here. You can check how to create here.
- Use a calendar tool such as Calendly and create an event type that allows multiple people to book.
- Add 2 or 3 available slots for people to register. It can be fixed or recurring dates.
- Add the GoBrunch link as a custom link. All webinars will have the same link which makes it easier to track records and join. You can see how to set this up here.
- At the day of the event you just need to join and share your screen. Your uploaded files will be already there, available to be downloaded.
- Your attendees will just need to type their names and choose an avatar picture prior to joining as shown in the pictures below.
- After the event is over, get to the dashboard and download the registrations. While you don't have their emails, you can check their names and match manually with the list generated by your calendar tool.
Instructions for the Attendees:
1. Join the webinar link using your laptop. We recommend using Google Chrome from Windows or Mac. If you cannot connect with a pc, you can join using Safari v14 or up in iOS, or Chrome in Android. If you're on Android, make sure you're not using a native web browser. Copy the link and paste on your Google Chrome to make sure you're at the right one.
2. Type your name
3. Choose an avatar picture
4. You'll see the virtual room of the event
5. Click in one of the circles to take a seat.
6. If you want to change your name or your avatar picture, click on My View > My Profile located at the bottom bar.
7. Once you see the screen share from the presenter, you can drag the edges to make it larger.
You can send troubleshooting tips here.
Collecting Registrations Using GoBrunch (Not Recommended)
- Get to the GoBrunch home page.
- Choose Classroom, Webinar or Event. You can see the differences between them here.
- Once you see the question "Would you like to Collect registration?", click on Yes.
- Follow the remaining steps and click to Create.
How to see the landing Page
- After creating you'll be taken to the dashboard, containing the list of your spaces.
- Find the one that you just created.
- Click on the link of your space (not the title)
- You'll see a landing page like this one:
This is the same landing page that your attendee will see. However, the button will be ike this:
What kind of Information GoBrunch Collects
GoBrunch has a standard landing page which will ask for the attendee's name, email, title and company. We currently don't have an option for custom fields.
What kind of E-mai GoBrunch Sends
GoBrunch sends 3 e-mails: a confirmation message, a 1-day before reminder, and a 20-mins before reminder. This is how they look like:
We currently don't have an option to customize the e-mails.
Here are the instructions for your attendee to register, in case you chose to collect registrations.
1. Join the webinar link using your laptop. We recommend using google chrome from Windows or Cac. If you cannot connect to a computer, you can join using Safari v14 or up in iOS, or Chrome in Android. If you're on Android, make sure you're not using a native web browser. Copy the link and paste on your Google Chrome to make sure you're at the right browser.
2. Click on Register
3. Register with Google, facebook, LinkedIn or e-mail - email will require you to create a password. If you choose social media, it will be faster.
4. If the session is private, you'll be asked to enter the secret key. Paste or type the secret key that you received and click on the blue button to proceed.
5. You'll see a popup like this one. Click on the blue button.
6. We'll send you a confirmation message right after you get to this point.
7. If your webinar is about to start, click on Enter Now. Otherwise, at the time of your webinar, click on your link of the webinar that you received by email.
8. Type your Title (if you don't have one, just type anything).
9. Type your Company (if you don't have one, type anything).
10. You'll see the virtual room of the event
11. Click in one of the circles to take a seat.
12. If you want to change your name or your avatar picture, cick on My View > My Profile located at the bottom bar.
13. Once you see the screen share from the presenter, you can drag the edges to make it larger.
You can send troubleshooting tips here.
After the event is over, get to the dashboard and download the registrations.